Your wedding day is arguably one of the biggest days of your life which means that it has to be perfect. Perfect is synonymous with planning and planning can be fun but it can almost always be stressful as well. Planning a wedding is hard work and can be stressful in more ways than one. It is important to remember that you are planning this day to be fun, enjoyable and ultimately to celebrate something beautiful. When that becomes hard to focus on amidst cake tasting, venue mishaps, centerpiece disasters, etc, we have your back! Here are some tips on staying sane throughout the wedding planning process:
- Music helps always; try turning on some upbeat tunes while you sit down to plan your dream day. Humming along to some uplifting beats can keep your mood happy and your mind calm
- Meditation, yoga, and/or exercise; try to keep a regular workout routine to help you cool off, blow off steam or simply take a break from planning and the chaos that this may include
- Remember your budget; it is easy in the middle of planning this special day, to get carried away and to overspend. To avoid any disappointment or unnecessary chaos, set a budget and sub budgets and try your best to stick to it. This makes planning easier, more structured and helps those helping you to know what to look for as well
- Ask for help; when you feel overwhelmed or are unsure, have some friends or family on speed dial that can help you with everything from picking your nail colour to bigger decisions like seating charts
- Stay healthy; if you are planning your wedding, you may find it time consuming and preventing you from keeping up with your regular routine. Don’t overlook or undervalue the importance of staying healthy and discussing any health concerns with a doctor. If and when this is the case, you can use apps like https://www.livi.co.uk to talk to a licensed doctor in minutes and discuss any health concerns you may have.
- Leverage technology; the power of the internet and mobile apps allow you access to different platforms that can help you manage your timelines, budgets, and vision for every element of your big day. You can also reach other brides or grooms instantly and discuss different elements of wedding planning.
- Set a timeline; lay out your ideal timeline, ensuring to highlight key milestones and deadlines like buying a dress, setting your date, booking a venue. Make the timeline visible to ensure that you know whether you are on schedule. You can use an online calendar, a printed calendar or any means that will help you stay on track and on time.
- Don’t forget about your better half; Even during the craziest times, don’t forget to spend quality time with the person you are planning this all for and with!